Should You Stage Your Sarasota Home?
It turns out most people are not great at “seeing” what doesn’t exist. The National Association of Realtors (NAR) profiled home staging and found 77 percent of buyers agent said a home with staged furniture helped the buyers see the property as a home. Around 31 percent of responding buyers agents said a staged home increased the perceived value 1-5 percent while 13 percent said it increased value 6-10 percent. Only 25 percent of respondents said it had no value, and the remaining one percent said it had a negative impact.
Other statistics on home staging from the NAR profile include:
- The National Association of Realtors ®(NAR) found for every $100 spent on staging, sellers had a potential return of $400.
- Over 62 percent of sellers’ agents said in the same 2017 NAR profile that staged homes sat on the market less time.
- The living room is the most common room to stage, followed by the master bedroom and the kitchen.
- One out of four sellers pays for staging before listing the home.
- Only 21 percent of sellers’ agents personally stage the home while just 14 percent offer a home staging service to sellers.
Home staging clearly offers positive benefits for the home seller. Who doesn’t want to close sooner and with potentially command a higher price?
Staging doesn’t have to be expensive. At The Currey Group, we offer home staging services to our clients as long as the furniture is available at minimal cost. The only charge is to help pay for the moving fees.
Our collection includes a range of furniture and home decor. Over time we have handpicked assorted pieces to compliment an array of spaces. We bring in decorator Diana Cloud of Design Refinement Group to make sure the space is as attractive as possible to potential buyers. She has an incredible eye for making any property look good.
In our experience, we have found home staging attracts buyers to look at the property. You can see in the image an example of a home we recently staged for a client. While the angle is slightly different, it is the same living space. Including decor pieces helps highlight well-designed spaces and visualize their potential as a buyer’s dream home.